Wednesday, December 15, 2004

"I'm not myself today"

On the bus last night, the guy sitting in front of me had two sheets of paper. The first sheet had a story about Alfred Bloggs - dustman, who was so embarassed by his job that he hadn't told his wife about it, and was looking for something a bit more Corporate, even at a reduced salary. It made me laugh because back in the 1980s my brother wrote about the adventures of Fred Bloggs for every composition he had to do for school, until the teacher told him "No more Fred Bloggs."

The second sheet of paper was covered in phrases in English, with translations and explanations in Chinese script, useful phrases like:
I have a runny nose.
I'm not myself today.
I have a sweet tooth.
The sooner the better.
I wasn't born yesterday.
It's my treat.
I'm mad about Bruce Lee.
Almost antique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home