Monday, February 14, 2005

eucalyptus

I haven't read the book - it seemed a far-fetched premise to me - a man who grows every species of Eucalyptus on his property, I don't think it'd work I mean you've got your really big tall trees growing on ex-volcanic soil, and your mallee growing out in sandhills, and little stunted trees growing on sandstone cliffs on the coast. So, no, can't see it myself.

But now given the flurry over Jocelyn Moorhouse, and Russell and Nic, and the film being indefinately postponed, and the town of Bellingen in uproar (I doubt it), I might have to read the book and see if I reckon it'd translate to the big screen. Here's stuff about the putatitive (usage?) film at IMDB, and here's the book at Amazon where its current sales rank is #11,540.

Mind you I thought there was no way the The English Patient could be made into a film, and look how wildly popular that was, so I'm not a good judge.

*

currently reading:

Joyce Carol Oates "Beasts"
and
Agatha Christie "They Came to Baghdad"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home