Saturday, February 19, 2005

we like the Triffids

Lenton has pointed out to me that there are now 4 (four) people who have listed The Triffids in the "Favourite Music" part of their Blogger profile. This is good news. It might even mean that Triffids' songs start turning up randomly on radio stations . . . that'd be cool. It wouldn't be so cool if one of their tunes got morphed into an advertising jingle - I really hate watching tv and finding that some song from my distant past has been cut down into a 20 or 10 sec loop and is background music for pretty girls in frocks and jeans and etc. smiling inanely, or pouting unreasonably, or having some kind of generic "fun", to tempt us to buy whatever it is that they are selling.

However I digress, The Triffids, great band from Perth, my favourite song "Field of Glass" recorded in 1984 at Maida Vale, London. I used to go and see them at Caringbah Inn! Those were the days!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which explains how you found my blog, leaving the comment about Victoria Park

small world...

3:05 pm  
Blogger lenton said...

Not THE Caringbah Inn. Small world indeed!

2:31 pm  
Blogger lynn said...

The Caringbah Inn - words fail me when it comes to Caringbah Inn - possibly the ugliest drinking establishment I've ever frequented, but for a brief time they had VERY GOOD bands on week nights with a small or no cover charge. Nice. And not many people there either, I mean the really cool inner-city types probably had no idea where Caringbah was, so left us suburban people alone with our pleasures.

3:39 pm  
Blogger lenton said...

Your memory must be very good. I can't recall (or don't want to recall) the bands I saw there many years ago....

6:10 pm  
Blogger lenton said...

STOP PRESS....make that five now. I think we may have started something here!

6:11 pm  
Blogger Adventures In Plastic said...

For some reason when you mentioned the Triffids and TV jingles their song "Bury Me Deep In Love" came straight to my head and I had visions of sheets billowing on a line and lingering lustful looks from too pretty for their own good teens ala Tommy Boy commericals.

No wait, nappies, billowing on the line, then a cut to a baby giggling and in that half slow motion effect rolling on piles of soft white fluffy towels. Then the mother scooping it up and cuddling as the voice over says "Nappy San, only the best will do......"

9:27 am  
Blogger lenton said...

The Triffids J File is online for anyone that is interested.

4:34 pm  
Blogger lynn said...

hey there are now 6 (six) people on the list!

(yeah I know, lenton and I get excited about very small things, but we are bloggers y'know!)

10:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home