Sunday, March 27, 2005

doing, and not doing, stuff online

All things Bru has an interesting post about blogging, and doing stuff online:
I recognize several different levels of commitment and matching satisfaction: chatting (almost no trace is left of what you're saying, the conversation is limited to synchronous consumption) , newsreading, (social) bookmarking (that is posting reference of an interesting article on a site like del.icio.us or spurl), reblogging (that's the practice of taking an article and republishing it, usually adding a small personal comment), commenting (when actually building on a conversation through personal ideas and opinions), “self-centered” blogging (as in this post), cross-reference blogging (when a post is part of a wider conversation, with references, new ideas, refactoring and so on).
It's something I've been thinking about - mainly because I spend so much time reading stuff online while I'm at work, but don't feel that I can concentrate enough to synthesize what I'm reading and put it into a blog post. So I end up, if I'm disciplined, with a whole lot of notes, and sometimes bookmarks at del.icio.us, and never come back to write through and post what I've been looking at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home