Tuesday, March 22, 2005

flickr and yahoo!

flickr has been acquired / bought / snapped up by Yahoo!

The announcement from flickr indicated that things will not change, but I have a heavy feeling in my stomach about this, which interestingly I didn't have when Blogger announced it was being taken over by Google. I think this is because Yahoo! has, to my eyes, a messy and unattractive site with way too much on it, whereas Google is always neat and clean with the minimum of extra guff.

I hope that Yahoo! doesn't pick apart flickr and incorporate it into what they've already got. Apart from the great photo sharing thing going at flickr is the great idea sharing that goes on, and I love logging in and finding tweaks to the application put in place both by the makers of flickr, and the users.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adventures In Plastic said...

Hmmmmm I must agree this sounds a bit of a worry!!

Get your filthy mits off our flickr!!

12:27 pm  
Blogger lenton said...

Is this anything to do with your photo disappearing?

3:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, maybe, kind of. Mainly I started looking poncey to myself.

3:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home