Monday, November 07, 2005

misuse of technology

Someone just sent a text to my home phone. This is weird and stupid on a number of levels.

Firstly the phone had to read the text to me, and that sounds very odd.

Secondly the text was from someone who was running late, and wouldn't get here until 10:25. But I don't have an appointment with anyone this morning, so, it's a wrong number. But because the person has texted instead of called, I'd have to call them back to let them know that they're letting the wrong person know that they're going to be late, and the right person won't know that they're late and will, potentially, be angry at them when they do arrive.

Thirdly for me to call the person back I'd have to really quickly write down their phone number from the message, then call them and so waste money my end.

So really they should've just phoned the person rather than texting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adventures In Plastic said...

Or.........you could NOT call them and then they're friend / family member / interviewer for the job they're going for could give them very dirty looks and make 'tut tut' noises. The person who sent the text to you would then give them "Get over it, I DID text you" looks and it could end up with this whole dirty look slanging match! I very much like how you notified them though, you are a good gal Lynn!

11:38 pm  
Blogger lynn said...

Actually I didn't notify them! I just let it slide. So their probably in the middle of some huge family argument right now.

7:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

serious technology poo up, i hope it cost them a little more to have the message read out to you

5:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home