Tuesday, January 10, 2006

contributing to wikipedia

I've decided I'm going to start contributing to wikipedia. It's such a cool thing, an active encyclopedia, with links. I want to start with the William Sharp Macleay entry - he was a very interesting figure - he was a junior diplomat in Paris after the defeat of Napoleon, he was a judge in Cuba on the Mixed British and Spanish Court of Commission for the Abolition of the Slave Trade, he collected plants and insects, he came to Australia to visit his family and ended up living as a recluse in Elizabeth Bay House. His life links with the main events of the early 19th Century. He's perfect for Wikipedia.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I discovered wikipedia the other day! It's very cool for following the chart positions of singers, I'm going to contribute to when I'm chart watching and find some info I can update it with!

Cade :-)

12:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am going to figure out how the hell to write a comment as myself when viewing from one of my toy story blogs (ie so it doesn't come up as from "Jem" or "Barbie!"

Here goes, let's see if this works...

EDIT - Yay! it worked! Yay to wikpedia, yay to blogger, yay to blogger comments working! Woo!

12:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some students at university do cite Wikipedia as an academic resource, so make sure what you contribute is complete balderdash. The more stupid the more likely they will cite it. It amuses the marker considerably.

11:09 pm  
Blogger lynn said...

I don't know that citing Wikipedia is such a great thing, certainly not academic in the slightest, but it would also be rather difficult to contribute "complete balderdash". Although you might want to give it a go Brian . . .

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home